Making a Difference
Digital Media Academy is dedicated to making world-class digital media education more accessible to students of all circumstances and means.
Financial assistance applications will be accepted beginning January 15, 2017. Applicants must be awarded financial assistance prior to registering for camp. Have questions regarding financial assistance? Send us an email!
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
To apply for Financial Assistance:
- Click on the orange “Apply for Financial Assistance” button.
- This will take you to the “Find a Course” page. You can select up to three courses for the children you are interested in registering add them to your cart. Once you have added all the courses, proceed to step 3.
- Click on My Cart in the top right-hand corner. If you are a returning user please log in and add your student to the courses. Then click on apply for Financial Aid and go to Step 7. If you are new to DMA please click on the orange Create an Account button to start the registration process.
- Fill out the Account Holder information and click Submit. This will take you to your account.
- Click on My Cart and proceed to Checkout.
- You will now need to fill in each student’s information for the courses you selected. Each course in the cart will allow you to add one student to it. Please make sure to include all applying students at this point.
- You will be taken to the Financial Aid application. Fill in all the requested information on this page.
- Write a brief written statement and upload the first two pages of your completed 2015 Federal tax forms.
- Lastly, click on the orange Apply for Financial Aid button to submit your application.
We only accept applications for financial aid through our online submission process. Applications are taken and evaluated on a first come, first served basis to qualifying individuals. Due to the demand for financial aid, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We accept applications for aid up to a month prior to the start of any course. Date and course preference is subject to availability. If the course you’ve selected is canceled or changed, you will have an opportunity to pick another course without resubmitting your application, provided you qualify for financial aid. Applications submitted after May 15, 2016 may only receive up to a maximum of 50% tuition scholarship only.
Financial aid is not guaranteed. You will be notified as follows:
- All applications received between March 15 & April 1, 2016 will be notified by April 15, 2016
- All applications received between April 2 & May 1, 2016 will be notified by May 16, 2016
- All applications received after May 1, 2016 will be notified within four to six weeks
Please do not call our office to inquire about your application.
Please note this award is for tuition only and does not cover housing, meals or lab fees. Your scholarship award may not be combined and any other discounts being offered will not apply. If a grant is awarded from another organization the money collected will help offset the scholarship provided by Digital Media Academy and will not be refunded. All standard terms and conditions will apply so please review our cancellation policy prior to registering.
All applicants that have already submitted a financial aid application in previous years must re-submit their information in order to be considered for financial aid in the current year.
To be considered for financial aid, all applicants must complete the DMA Financial Aid application in full, and submit it along with the following information:
A written statement/essay that describes how you will apply your DMA training in your occupation, education, and/or personal life.
A signed copy of the first two pages of your federal tax form (i.e. 1040) from 2015. If you are under 18 or a fulltime student, a parent or legal guardian’s tax form must be included. If you do not file taxes, you must provide official proof that you are exempt from filing. If you are exempt from filing, you must provide your financial records for the last 12 months, including all saving, checking, interest or related liquid assets (i.e. banking statements).
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS: If you do not have a government-approved tax filing documentation, you must provide an alternative form of government-approved documentation as proof of your current financial situation as outlined above.
DMA will only consider and process financial aid applications that include all the supporting documentation outlined above. Incomplete applications or applications that do not include 2015 tax returns will not be processed. (No exceptions.)
Financial Aid Registration Terms, Cancellation, & Refund Policy
Any course/camp or location changes made after April 1, 2016 require the payment of a $30.00 administrative fee. (No exceptions.)
Cancellations made by or before April 30, 2016 are eligible for 100% credit to be applied toward future enrollments. Or you may receive a full cash refund, minus a $250 administrative fee, for tuition per course week you were registered. You may also receive a full cash refund, minus a $150.00 administrative fee, for housing/dining expenses per week you were registered.
Cancellations made after April 30, 2016, and 30 days prior to the start of a course/summer camp are eligible for either a 100% credit toward future enrollments or a 50% cash reimbursement of the total tuition and housing/dining costs including lunch plans, weekend/Friday night/Saturday night stays, and parking permits.
Cancellations made within 30 days but not less than 7 days prior to the start of the course/summer camp are not eligible for a cash refund. You can, however, receive a 50% tuition-only credit. Beginning 30 days prior to the start date of a course/summer camp, there is no credit or refund awarded for housing/dining costs, including lunch plans, weekend/Friday night/Saturday night stays, and parking permits.
Cancellations made within seven days prior to the start of a course/summer camp are not eligible for a refund or credit. If you cannot attend Digital Media Academy due to an unexpected family emergency or illness, you must provide an official signed doctor’s note and DMA will attempt to accommodate you with an alternate week/program, however, all other cancellation policies still apply. (No exceptions.)
Cancellations made while a course is already in session are not eligible for a credit or a refund. (No exceptions.)
Cancelations made after a course change are subject to the cancellation policy as it applies to the original course.
Attendance Policy: Due to the nature of our courses, attendance is crucial to the success of our program. If your child will be absent, you must notify the Director no later than 9am. A student may not miss more than one day per a 5-day long course, without a doctor’s note. It will be at the discretion of the instructor, if the student can remain in the class.
Financial Assistance applications open starting January 15, 2017
Do not use your browser’s back button when you are processing your financial aid application.
Pressing back will remove you from the application process and you will have to start over.