Digital Media Academy has been called the World’s Best Tech Camp for a reason: DMA’s tech camps teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and offer kids and teens a great way to spend their summer at a prestigious university—in the U.S. AND Canada.
DMA combines cutting-edge digital-age subjects (like robotics, filmmaking, app development, game design, music production, animation and more) with instructors who have worked in the industries they teach. Add in today’s leading software programs and a strong focus on project completion, and you’ve got the DMA equation for excellence.
Cool DMA Camps at UBC Vancouver
Imagine the fascinating subjects you could be discovering this summer at DMA’s tech camps at UBC in Vancouver. Here are just some of the great courses:
- Adventures in Game Design (Age 8-12) Learn how to tell a story through video games, as you design and develop your very own project.
- Adventures in Animation (Age 8-12) You’ll explore amazing animation techniques and then put them into motion with Toon Boom Studio.
- Academy for Robotics & Engineering (Age 8-12) Design awesome robots that solve challenges and put your engineering skills to the test.
- Music & Beat Production with Logic Pro X (Age 8-12) Learn how to craft professional, multi-layered audio masterpieces using Logic Pro X.
- Introduction to 3D Animation with Maya (Age 12-17) Gain real animation experience as you create cool 3D CG (computer-generated) characters and animate pre-rigged models.
- App Development for iPhone and iPad (Age 12-17) Teens make incredible games and apps for the iPhone and iPad platforms.
DMA Makes it Happen at the University of Toronto
Not to be outdone by UBC, the DMA program at UT is equally outstanding. Check out these tech camps:
- Adventures in Music & Beat Production (Age 8-12) You’ll create your own digital music: exploring hundreds of virtual instruments, creating your own ringtones, mixing and customizing loops and more!
- Adventures in Filmmaking & Special Effects (Age 8-12) Get up close to the film-production process, with extra emphasis on spectacular special effects.
- Adventures in 3D Game Design with Minecraft (Age 8-12) Learn what you need to do incredible things with today’s hottest game-maker.
- 3D Modeling and Character Design with Maya (Age 12-17) Discover art in three dimensions as you bring 3D CGI models to life with 3D environments.
- 3D Game Design: Character Creation with Unreal Engine & Maya (Age 12-17) Create custom 3D models using Maya and then bring them life, using Unreal Engine 4
McGill University Tech Camps and Teen Courses
McGill University is nestled in Montreal, and DMA’s summer camps at McGill are the best in the area.
DMA’s been at McGill for a few years and parents in the area continue to tell us how glad they are we brought the program to Montreal (and so are we).
For hands-on technology learning, kids and teens get access to the best tech and can choose from over 25 technology courses, including:
- Adventures in Engineering & Rocket Science (Age 8-12) Become a rocket scientist – launch virtual rockets into space (using Kerbal Space Program®) and real ones powered by water.
- Programming & App Development for iPhone® & iPad® (Age 10-12) Discover the basic concepts of programming, using the new programming language for iOS.
- DJing with Ableton™ Live (Age 12-17) Learn to beat-match, scratch, mash-up and mix your favorite music.
- 3D Game Design with Minecraft™ (Age 12-17) Take on the role of game designer, level designer, artist or programmer and bring your game to life.
Set Your Compass on “N”
Camp will soon be in session at UBC’s Vancouver campus. Plus DMA’s University of Toronto’s campus and McGill will inspire, engage and challenge the next generation of creators. This summer, grab your compass…and head North!