The financial aid application is now available. You must apply and be granted a financial aid scholarship before you can sign up for a course. Any payments made toward a course before an application has been reviewed automatically disqualifies the applicant from receiving financial assistance.
Digital Media Academy is dedicated to making world-class digital media education more accessible to students of all circumstances and means. DMA awards limited tuition assistance based on financial need. An application is not a guarantee of tuition assistance.
Financial Aid Registration Process for 2013
How it works:
The application for financial aid can only be accessed from this page. The process for applying is as follows:
1. Click on the Orange Apply For Financial Aid link on this page.
2. Select the courses that you would like and place them in your shopping cart
3. Once you have chosen your courses, click “Proceed to Check Out” under My Cart
4. Fill out the application, enter your attendee information, and rank your top three course choices.
5. On the final screen, you will be able to attach your tax information and complete the application.
Please remember that any payments made toward a course before an application has been reviewed will automatically disqualify the applicant from receiving financial assistance.
We only accept applications for financial aid through our online submission process. Applications are taken and evaluated on a first come, first served basis to qualifying individuals. Due to the demand for financial aid, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We accept applications for aid up to a month prior to the start of any course. Date and course preference is subject to availability. If the course you’ve selected is canceled or changed, you will have an opportunity to pick another course without resubmitting your application, provided you qualify for financial aid. Applications submitted after May 1, 2013 will receive up to a maximum of 50% tuition scholarship.
All applications received by March 1, 2013 will be notified the week of April 1, 2013
All applications received between March 2 & April 1, 2013 will be notified the week of April 29, 2013
All applications received between April 2 & May 1, 2013 will be notified the week of May 27, 2013
All applications received after May 1, 2013 will be notified within four weeks
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OUR OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION.
You will receive an email from email@example.com within 24 hours of submitting your application. This email confirms you have properly submitted your application. If you do not receive an email confirming your application has been submitted, first check the spam folder in your inbox. If you still have not received the confirmation email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAVING TROUBLE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION?
DMA’s website is optimized for Google Chrome. We strongly advise using this browser when submitting a financial aid application. You can download Google Chrome here.
PROVIDING REQUESTED FORMS
All required documentation can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. If you do not have access to a scanner, please visit your nearest public library or FedEx office. For smartphone users, DMA also accepts high-resolution images of required documentation.
Please note this award is for tuition only and does not cover housing, meals or lab fees. Your scholarship award may not be combined and any other discounts being offered will not apply. If a grant is awarded from another organization the money collected will help offset the scholarship provided by Digital Media Academy and will not be refunded.
All terms and conditions apply. Review our cancellation policy prior to registering.
All applicants that have already submitted a financial aid application in previous years must re-submit their information in order to be considered for financial aid in the current year.
Cancellation, & Refund Policy for 2013
No refunds will be issued for early withdrawal or dismissal due to absences (for any reason including sickness), behavioral issues, power failures, weather, and unforeseeable events not within the control of DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY or other acts of nature. If participants leave camp early for ANY reason, the tuition is NOT prorated and no refund will be issued, including partial refunds.
• Any course, camp or location changes made after April 1, 2013 require a payment of $25.00 administrative fee. (No exceptions.)
• Cancellations made on or before April 30, 2013, are eligible for 100% credit to be applied toward future enrollments. Or you may receive a full cash refund, minus a 25% administrative fee. You may also receive a full cash refund, minus a $150.00 administrative fee, for housing/dining expenses per week you were registered.
• Cancellations made after April 30, 2013, and 30 days prior to the start of a course/summer camp are eligible for either a 100 percent credit toward future enrollments or a 50 percent cash reimbursement of the total tuition and housing/dining costs including lunch plans, weekend/Friday night/Saturday night stays, parking permits, and Stanford Continuing Credits.
• Cancellations made within 30 days but not less than 7 days prior to the start of the course/summer camp are not eligible for a cash refund. You can, however, receive a 50 percent tuition-only credit. Beginning 30 days prior to the start date of a course/summer camp, there is no credit or refund awarded for housing/dining costs, including: lunch plans, weekend/Friday night/Saturday night stays, parking permits, and Stanford Continuing Credits.
• Cancellations made within seven days prior to the start of a course/summer camp are not eligible for a refund or credit. If you cannot attend Digital Media Academy due to an unexpected family emergency or illness, you must provide an official signed doctor’s note and DMA will attempt to accommodate you with an alternate week/program, however, all other cancellation policies still apply. (No exceptions.)
• If DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY must cancel a session and cannot find a suitable alternative at a nearby location, a full refund will be made to the client.
• Cancellations made while a course is already in session are not eligible for a credit or a refund. (No exceptions.)
• Cancellations made after a course change are subject to the cancellation policy as it applies to the original course.
• Attendance Policy: Due to the nature of our courses, attendance is crucial to the success of our program. If your child will be absent, you must notify the Director no later than 9AM on the day the student is expected to be absent. A student may not miss more than one day per a 5-day-long course, without a doctor’s note. It will be at the discretion of the instructor if the student can remain in the class.