World-Class Safety & Security
Digital Media Academy requires all camp staff to undergo extensive training in risk management and emergency procedures.
- DMA uses a secure check-in/check out system for day campers. Each child in the Adventures (kids) program must be picked up by an authorized adult, who is required to present valid photo identification.
- Adventures campers are supervised at all times and a “buddy system” ensures your child’s safety and comfort during their stay.
Male and female Counselors live in the dorm with the kids to maintain constant supervision and safety. Counselors are housed in their own separate rooms on the same floor as the kids under their supervision.
- Campers are housed together in single, double or triple rooms. Housing assignments are created based on gender and age.
If your son or daughter is coming with a friend and they want to room together, let us know when you are registering. If possible, we are happy to accommodate roommate requests.
- External access to dorm buildings is restricted at all times, with dorm doors remaining locked for additional safety.
- DMA’s Counselors are trained in emergency procedures and are familiar with the housing’s emergency exits and building evacuation routes, in the unlikely event of an emergency. Just like the Campus Director, counselors also carry cell phones and can easily be contacted at any time.
First Aid / CPR
- DMA’s live-in residential staff members are adults who have been trained in First Aid and CPR. Minor injuries may be treated on site.
- When more serious medical treatment is required, students are taken to the nearest medical facility and the appropriate medical care is provided. Parents are notified immediately in the case of injury or illness.
We’re Parents Too!
- We use special software to protect kids from harmful content on the Internet
- We encourage student campers to create positive and age-appropriate projects.
- All computer software and video games used in DMA’s programs carry age-appropriate ratings. We do not allow M-rated games.
- Counselors and staff coordinate evening and weekend activities in advance and create a fun, supportive and safe atmosphere conducive to building long-lasting friendships.
- Rest and recreation are built into the daily schedule. Classroom instruction is balanced with breaks for fun and time outdoors.
- Bedtimes are set with campers’ ages in mind, which ensures students are well rested and alert for each day of class.
Staff Background Checks
Professional confidence. It comes from knowing that we perform comprehensive background checks for all DMA staff members.
- Background checks (both State and Federal) are performed on all residential and classroom staff. We check multiple references and referrals.
- Comprehensive safety training is mandatory for both new and returning team members.
- Counselors and support staff are experienced with technology and great with kids!
Questions? Call 1-866-656-3342 or email us.
Click Here to Register Online Now!
“I made lots of new friends, and I learned so many things that I didn’t know before.”
– Danielle S., DMA Adventures Student